CCTR Funding and Educational Programs
Bridge Funding Program
The Center for Clinical and Translational Research (CCTR) Bridge Funding Program supports key research staff members during critical gaps in extramural funding. The primary goal of these funds is to stabilize research programs in order to maintain productivity when external funding is temporarily disrupted.
See the Bridge Funding Program overview (PDF) for more information.
Up to $75,000 in bridge funding is available, depending on size of the research program. Bridge funding is available for a period of six months with possibility of extension based on future funding potential.
- Salary and benefits for research staff
- Research supplies and other expenses, such as fees for core services
- Travel to research sites (requires prior approval by Center Director)
- Faculty salary and benefits
- Travel to meetings and conferences
- Consultant costs
- Applicants must be a faculty member of the CCTR.
- Applicants must have a demonstrated history of successful extramural funding in the CCTR and good prospects for renewal of funding.
- Applicants must have evidence of attempts to obtain external grant and contract funding (abstracts of submitted grants, panel reviews, priority scores or other evaluations and comments, pending clinical trial agreements).