Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Econometrics and Programming (BEEP) Core
The CHBD Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Econometrics and Programming (BEEP) Core has assembled a diverse team of highly qualified specialists to assist you with grant proposals; study design; electronic data collection; data management; data anlysis; implementation science; and other analysis, study design, data management and related research needs.
BEEP Core Drop-In Office Hours
Do you have a question you'd love to ask the BEEP Core about analysis, study design, REDCap, DatStat, Excel, implementation science, R, SAS, Stata? Drop by during our office hours! We will be available in Room 403, West 8th, on alternate Wednesdays from 2 to 3 p.m. starting April 17. Just drop in with something quick, or reserve a 20-minute slot using our contact form.
Email us for more information.
What We Provide
- Grant support, including writing methods sections, analytic plans and conducting power analyses to help investigators put together the strongest grant application possible.
- Research study design, including formulation of hypotheses and preparation of statistical analytic plans, Monte Carlo simulation-based power analyses, basic and innovative statistical analyses, and more.
- Data collection support and design, utilizing REDCap, DatStat, Excel and other platforms for electronic data capture, study and data management, and data quality assurance.
- Statistical consultation and manuscript support to help investigators make informed decisions and speed up the publication process.
- Manuscript support, including statistical software support (Stata, SAS, SPSS, R, Mplus), results interpretation, methodology seminars and analytical mentoring.
Talk to us about:
- Database design and management
- Qualitative data analysis
- Descriptive and bivariate statistics
- Regression and path analysis
- Confirmatory factor analysis
- Structural equation modeling
- Growth modeling and survival analysis
- Mixture modeling (cross-sectional and longitudinal)
- Multilevel modeling
- Missing data modeling
- Analysis of accelerometry data
- Economic analyses
- PMCA data processing
- Secondary data source support (PHIS, KID, CHARS, Medicaid, internal hospital data)
- Large survey datasets (ECLS, YRBS, MEPS, NHANES)