Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Econometrics and Programming (BEEP) Core
The CHBD Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Econometrics and Programming (BEEP) Core is a diverse team of highly qualified specialists able to assist you with grant proposals; study design; electronic data collection and management; statistical analysis; and other related research needs.
BEEP Core Drop-In Office Hours
Do you have a question you'd love to ask the BEEP Core about analysis, study design, REDCap, DatStat, Excel, implementation science, R, SAS, or Stata? Drop by during our office hours! We will be available in Room 403 and 404, West 8th, on alternate Wednesdays from 2 to 3 p.m. starting April 17. Just drop in with something quick, or reserve a 20-minute time slot.
What We Provide
- Research study design and oversight for clinical trials, observational studies, program evaluation, and quality improvement research.
- Data collection and management using REDCap, DatStat, Excel and other platforms for electronic data capture, management, and quality assurance.
- Statistical analysis of study data utilizing SAS, R, and STATA. Examples of our expertise include:
- Descriptive statistics
- Generalized linear models (GLM)
- Survival analysis
- Mixed-effects models (cross-sectional and longitudinal)
- Generalized estimating equations (GEE)
- Genomic data analysis
- Interrupted time series analysis
- Exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis
- Imputation of missing data
- Propensity score analysis
- Causal mediation analysis
- Grant support including writing study design and statistical analysis sections, and conducting power and sample size calculations.
- Manuscript support to help investigators clearly and succinctly explain complex statistical methods and results, provide publication-quality tables and figures, and address reviewers’ comments.
- Mentorship through ongoing support of investigators interested in developing statistical analysis and analytic coding skills.