Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Econometrics and Programming (BEEP) Core
As statistical methods have become more specialized to handle specific problems, collaborations among a team of experts trained in different fields is increasingly important for providing the best quality service. The Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Econometrics and Programming (BEEP) Core has a diverse team of highly educated specialists to assist you.
We provide responsive, efficient and high-quality analytic services to advance the health, behavior and development of children.
What We Do
- Data collection (survey design and implementation) and management support to help you get the information you need.
- Leverage 100+ question types, email triggers, display logic, embedded data, mobile compatibility, multiple languages, automated reminders, participant tracking, etc.
- A heavy emphasis on grant support including writing methods sections, analytic plans and conducting power analyses to help investigators put together the strongest grant application possible.
- Research study design, formulation of hypotheses and the preparation of statistical analytic plans, Monte Carlo simulation based power analyses, basic and innovative statistical analyses, and more.
- Statistical consultation and manuscript support to help investigators make informed decisions and to speed up the publication process.
- Manuscript support, statistical software support (Stata, SAS, SPSS, R, Mplus), results interpretation, methodology seminars, analytical mentoring, etc.
Areas of expertise include but are not limited to database design and management; qualitative data analysis; descriptive and bivariate statistics; regression and path analysis; confirmatory factor analysis and structural equation modeling; growth modeling and survival analysis; mixture modeling (cross-sectional and longitudinal); multilevel modeling; missing data modeling; analysis of accelerometry data; economic analyses; PMCA data processing; and secondary data source support for administrative data (e.g., PHIS, KID, CHARS, Medicaid, internal hospital data) and large survey datasets (e.g., ECLS, YRBS, MEPS, NHANES).
Working with the BEEP Core is easy, and we strive to make it easier. We have a service unit with comprehensive tracking and billing functions to help you get the most out of your BEEP experience.
After you submit a request, we provide you with real-time access to your project so that you can track everything – from the project’s budget to deadlines – without ever sending an email. You can even see which BEEP Core staff member is working on what – when multiple staff are involved, you can also see communication between BEEP staff. We strive for full transparency with organized deadlines assigned to specific persons. We make it easy to communicate and share as we work with you.
After your project is complete, we have an incredibly efficient progress monitoring system in place to provide you with a formal opportunity to tell us about your experience. We look forward to working with you.