Pediatric Bioethics Conference
2019 Conference: Defining Moments in Pediatric Bioethics: Future Insights From Past Controversies
The Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics hosted its 15th annual conference on July 19–20, 2019. The conference featured local and national experts in bioethics. Speakers addressed a wide range of ethical questions including:
- Are children with disabilities less deserving of life-saving treatments?
- Can a teen refuse life-sustaining interventions?
- How do we assess suffering in an infant?
- Should disability affect candidacy for a transplant?
- Do physicians have a duty to preserve life at any cost?
- How do we define death?