Publications and Resources
Pediatric Links and Resources
- WIC-Approved Formula List
Includes a complete list of approved formulas as well as other WIC-approved foods. Also contains procedures for making and approving formula requests.
- Necrotizing Fasciitis Fact Sheet
Information on the symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of necrotizing fasciitis from Public Health – Seattle and King County.
- Family and Patient Care Educational Materials
Diagnosis-specific educational tools to be used by healthcare professionals who care for children with the following diagnoses: autism, Down syndrome and epilepsy.
- Infectious Diseases and Virology Clinic Referral Information
- Obesity Evaluation and Treatment
Guidelines developed by an expert committee convened by MCHB, HRSA and DHHS.
- Pediatric Office Guide to Oral Health Care (PDF)
Questions, examples and recommendations to help medical staff with caries risk assessment.
Seattle Children’s Affiliates
- The Center for Children With Special Needs
Information and resources for parents and professionals who advocate and care for children with special healthcare needs.
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Brings together the best of three internationally renowned cancer care institutions: Fred Hutch, UW Medicine and Seattle Children's Hospital.
- University of Washington School of Medicine (UWSOM)
Most of our hospital-based physicians have an appointment at the UWSOM.
- Promoting Adjustment and Helping Children Cope (AAP)
- Children, Terrorism and Disasters (AAP)
- Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response (CDC)
- Smallpox Vaccination Overview for Clinicians (CDC)
- Promoting Tolerance and Peace in Children: Tips for Parents and Schools (a communication piece between physician and families)
- Anthrax as a Biological Weapon (JAMA)
Updated recommendations for management
- Index Case of Fatal Inhalational Anthrax Due to Bioterrorism in the United States
L.M. Bush et al., New England Journal of Medicine
- Cutaneous Anthrax Infection
K.J. Roche et al., New England Journal of Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- America's Children in Brief: Key National Indicators of Well-Being
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: Child and Adolescent Health
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- UK Center for Evidence-Based Child Health
General Healthcare Websites
- U.S. National Library of Medicine databases and electronic information resources
- U.S. National Library of Medicine's free search engine for MEDLINE containing over 12 million citations
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control site for information about infectious diseases, immunizations and international travel
- U.S. National Guideline Clearinghouse
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, putting prevention into practice based on U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendations
- "Reliable Health Information" from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- RWJ Funded General Pediatric Directory by Donna M. D'Alessandro, MD, at the University of Iowa
- National Organization of Rare Disorders
- Oxford Center for Evidence-Based Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Has 57,000 members including pediatricians, pediatric medical subspecialists and pediatric surgical specialists.
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
The membership organization representing the specialty of pediatric dentistry
- American Medical Association
Committed to standards, ethics, excellence in medical education and practice, and advocacy on behalf of the medical profession and the patients it serves
- Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center
One of the premier institutions researching how and why people suffer injuries and what can be done to prevent them
- The Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society (PCICS)
Formed to provide an optimum forum to promote excellence in pediatric cardiac critical care medicine
- Washington Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
An organization of AAP-certified pediatricians in the state of Washington