The following table identifies the system requirements for using Children's Care Gateway:
|Network Login||You need a valid Seattle Children's login to access patient information in Children's Care Gateway. Contact your office manager if you do not have one.|
|Computer Hardware||Recommendations for PACS Web:|
- Memory: 512 MB RAM required; 1024 MB (1 GB) recommended
- Processor: 1 GHz Pentium III/IV or Xeon processor
- Internet Access: DSL or cable modem
- Monitor: 24-bit color monitor display at 1024 x 768 resolution required; 1280 x 1024 resolution recommended. For optimal image viewing, monitors should be 15" or larger.
|Operating System||Requirements for PACS Web:|
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 or 2
- Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit
- Windows 95, 98 and ME are not supported.
- Alternate operating systems are not supported.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher with security service packs installed
- Mozilla Firefox (CIS View and eReferral only; PACS Web only works with Internet Explorer)
|Computer Privileges||In order to install the required ActiveX controls for PACS Web and PDF document viewer for CIS View, users must have local administrative rights the first time they log onto these applications. Contact the technical support staff at your office if you do not have these rights.|
|PDF Document Viewer||Requirements for CIS View: Adobe Reader 6.0 or later|
For Adobe Reader to operate properly, the browser's security setting must be Medium or lower. (A setting of Medium High is not low enough.)
|Internet Connection||A high-speed broadband (DSL or cable) connection is highly recommended for remote access. Use of dial-up phone connections result in very long access times, especially when downloading images.|
|Screen Resolution||Set to 1024 x 768 or greater; 1280 x 1024 recommended for PACS Web|
|Browser Settings||The Web browser needs to be set up as follows:|
- Cookies allowed
- Pop-ups enabled
- Security settings set to Medium
- AutoComplete and Saved Information options disabled
Children's Care Gateway is Web-based and runs within a browser. For the applications to work properly, please check your browser settings for the following:
- Cookies and pop-ups: Cookies must be allowed and pop-ups enabled for Children's website, http://seattlechildrens.org. If pop-up windows are blocked, data cannot display and you receive a message at the bottom of the screen indicating that a pop-up window was blocked.
- Security and cache settings: The modifications outlined below are required so that you can use the applications at Children's Care Gateway. In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options and complete the following:
- Check for newer versions of stored pages automatically.
- Set the amount of disk space to use to 100MB.
- Set the Security level for the Internet zone to Medium.
- Add http://seattlechildrens.org as a Trusted Web site.
- Enable Active scripting.
- AutoComplete: For security reasons, we strongly recommend you disable the AutoComplete options for Children's Care Gateway and all Web applications you use at Seattle Children's Hospital. This safeguards against another person using your previous entries, especially your password.
Make sure the following options are NOT selected: Forms, User names and passwords on forms and Prompt me to save passwords.
For CIS View to work properly, there are specific browser settings you need to check in Firefox:
- Cookies and pop-ups: Cookies must be allowed and pop-ups enabled for Children's Web site. If pop-up windows are blocked, data cannot display and you receive a message at the bottom of the screen indicating that a pop-up window was blocked.
- Saved information: Firefox can store your previous entries and suggest matches for you the next time you enter an item. For security reasons, we strongly recommend that you disable the Saved Information options for Children's Care Gateway and all Web applications you use at Seattle Children's Hospital.
Make sure the following options are NOT selected: Save Information I Enter in Web Page Forms, Search Bar and Remember Passwords.
Setting the Screen Resolution
For the applications to display optimally, set the screen resolution on your computer to 1024 x 768 (or higher).
To change your screen resolution:
- Right-click in a blank spot on your desktop.
- Click Properties.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Change the screen resolution to a minimum of 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Set the color quality to Highest (32 bit):
- Click OK.
Installing Adobe Acrobat Reader
CIS View uses Adobe Acrobat Reader to display documents. You can download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader from http://get.adobe.com/reader/. Be sure to select Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later, basic version.
Note: For Adobe Acrobat Reader to operate properly, set the browser's security setting to Medium or lower.