PHINConnect and eReferral: Getting Started
PHINConnect is a secure password-protected internet portal that allows non–Seattle Children’s referring physicians, other licensed referring healthcare practitioners and their support staff to access the Seattle Children’s medical records of the patients that they have a treatment relationship with.
Eligibility for PHINConnect
This convenient, free service is designed specifically for referring physicians and other licensed healthcare practitioners who are providing direct patient care. Other clinicians and staff who work for a practice may also enroll as part of an PHINConnect group account as long as there is at least one enrollee who is a licensed practitioner with a registered NPI.
Benefits of PHINConnect
PHINConnect allows you to follow your patient's progress by viewing the content from the electronic medical record that Seattle Children’s providers use. This communication of patient records can result in enhanced provider-to-provider communication and improved continuity of patient care.
- Patient records are available within 48 hours of being dictated, transcribed and uploaded. This will save you time in requesting and receiving faxed or mailed records.
- Printed records are not mailed or faxed until they are authenticated by the attending physicians (which can take up to two weeks to be received by mail or fax).
- You will have access to records that include:
- Lab results
- Dictated notes and transcripts
- Medication lists
- Radiology reports
How to Register
- You can find detailed instructions on how to register for PHINConnect on the Getting Started page.
Accessing Your Patients’ Records
You will have access to patients with whom an established treatment relationship has been recorded within our system. Patients who are referred by other clinicians in your practice location can also be accessed.
Radiology Reports and Images
You will have access through PHINConnect to your patient’s radiology reports. Images are not available at this time.