Training and Simulation
Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS)
The Seattle Children’s PEARS Training Center is an American Heart Association (AHA)–designated PEARS Training Center. We follow the AHA Curricula for PEARS Provider. Upon successful completion, participants are issued a PEARS Provider card effective for two years.
All courses assume proficient high quality BLS-HCP skills using 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
The Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) Provider Course is designed to increase the pediatric healthcare provider’s knowledge and skills necessary to assess early signs of respiratory failure and shock, provide early emergent interventions, and alert the appropriate Advanced Life Support (ALS) response team.
PEARS is for healthcare providers such as medical and surgical nurses, school nurses, homecare nurses, emergency medical technicians (EMTs), and any other healthcare provider who infrequently sees critically ill infants and children.
The one-day PEARS Provider course is for healthcare providers taking the PEARS course for the first time, or for those whose PEARS Provider status has expired. The content taught in the course includes:
- Pediatric assessment
- Recognition and management of respiratory problems
- Recognition and management of shock
- Recognition and management of cardiac arrest
- Resuscitation team concept
Read the PEARS Provider course flyer (PDF).
2017 Edition PEARS Provider Manual is required for preparation, during and after the course.
Borrow: Check out a copy of the materials from your department library or the hospital library.
Purchase a hard copy, or electronic version from AHA.
- $190 (single registration)
- Group rate: $180 for three or more registrants
Payment is due at time of registration. Credit cards and company checks (no personal checks) are accepted. Personal checks are not a payment option.
Mail company checks made out to Seattle Children’s to:
PEARS Training Center
PO Box 5371/S-219
Seattle, WA 98145
Registration closes one week prior to the course.
- A $15 cancellation fee is charged for cancellations/transfers with more than one week’s notice.
- An $80 cancellation fee is charged for cancellations/transfers with less than one week’s notice.
- No refund will be made if cancellation is done less than 48 hours prior to the course.
- Please be aware that in the event of a late cancellation or failure to attend the course, employers may choose not to pay for a subsequent course.
- All fees are the responsibility of the registrant and are required at the time of registration.
Seattle Children’s Hospital Admin. Bldg.
6901 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98115
Parking directions will be included in confirmation email.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 16541 for 6.75 Contact Hours.
Official AHA Statement for Authorized Provider of CPR and ECC Courses
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.