Training and Simulation
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
NRP Course Overview
Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is designed for healthcare professionals involved in hospital-based neonatal resuscitation, including: physicians, nurses, advanced practice nurses, certified nurse midwives, and respiratory care practitioners. Licensed midwives and EMS personnel are welcome to attend and apply relevant skills during simulation.
The Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Course is an education program of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the American Heart Association (AHA) that teaches an evidence-based approach to newborn care. The course introduces the concepts and basic skills of neonatal resuscitation by utilizing a blended learning approach that includes: online testing, online case-based simulations, as well as hands-on case-based simulation/debriefing that focus on leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
The NRP Course is for all healthcare providers who attend births in low- and high-risk settings, as well as out-of-hospital deliveries. The course provides the opportunity to practice the NRP Resuscitation Algorithm, teamwork and communication as well as advanced skills such as: intubation, medications, and umbilical vein catheterization. In addition, this course also offers high-fidelity neonatal resuscitation simulation that tailors to the provider’s unique area of practice.
This is a hands-on interactive course. To successfully pass the course, the learner must complete the Provider Curriculum Part 1 and 2.
Provider Curriculum, Part 1
- Participants are required to self-study using the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 7th Edition
- The NRP Provider Exams and eSim cases are done on the HealthStream Learning Management System
- Provide verification of completion of the Provider Curriculum, Part 1 on the day of the course
Provider Curriculum, Part 2
The instructor-led event is used for hands-on practice and simulation/debriefing. NRP Instructors support and evaluate individual skills, then integrate skills and knowledge with essential components of teamwork during simulated neonatal resuscitation scenarios. Simulated scenarios are tailored to the individual participant’s area of practice.
How to Claim NRP eCard
Upon successful completion of Parts 1 & 2, participants are able to complete an online course evaluation and obtain the NRP eCard. Your NRP Provider Status is valid for two years.
Please note NRP is not a certification course. Completion of the NRP Provider course does not imply that an individual has the competence to perform neonatal resuscitation.
Seattle Children's Sand Point Learning Center
5801 Sand Point Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
- A $25 fee will be assessed for cancellations or transfers prior to registration closure.
- A $50 fee will be assessed for cancellations or transfers after registration closure.
- No refund for cancellations with less than 48 hours notice.
- An additional $35 curriculum administration fee will also be deducted if you access the 7th Edition NRP Curriculum on HealthStream and cancel the instructor-led event.
- All fees are the responsibility of the registrant and are required at the time of registration.
Please note that your full registration fee will not be refunded if you fail to attend the course, request to cancel or reschedule with less than one week's notice prior to the course date. Please be aware that in the event of a late cancellation or failure to attend the course, employers may choose not to pay for a subsequent course.
Please email us if you need to cancel or reschedule your participation.