Pediatric Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship
- Andrea Cheng-Hakimian, MD (University of Washington)
- Ahmad Marashly, MD (Seattle Children's Hospital)
Since 1958, the Pediatric Neurology program at the University of Washington has offered solid clinical training with exposure to a large and diverse patient population. The pediatric epilepsy fellowship was started in 2009 and is a two-year training program designed for development of an academic career in epilepsy and clinical neurophysiology. Seattle's clinical and basic neuroscience communities are extensive, and fellows have the opportunity to work not only with faculty in neurology, but also with clinicians in neurosurgery, genetics, developmental pediatrics, sleep medicine and rehabilitation medicine. The curriculum follows the requirements of the Neurology Residency Review Committee of the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The first year focuses on clinical neurophysiology incorporating adult and pediatric training in EEG, long-term video EEG monitoring, intra-operative monitoring, EMG/NCS, EPs, neuroimaging, sleep disorders and autonomic testing, as well as clinical management of epilepsy, neuromuscular disease and sleep disorders. The second year is customized to develop additional clinical skills and a program of investigation in a specific discipline, such as epilepsy, neurogenetics, intra-operative and ICU monitoring or neuroimaging.
Board certification eligibility upon fellowship completion: Graduates will be eligible for certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology subspecialty in Clinical Neurophysiology.
Length of fellowship: 2 years
Number of fellowships available: 1
- Prerequisites/post-medical school requirements: Applicants must have completed training in pediatric neurology and be board eligible for the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology subspecialty in Child Neurology.
- Application deadline: Approximately May 1
- Interview start and end dates: Approximately May 1 and September 1
For More Information
Ahmad Marashly, MD
PO Box 5371
Seattle, WA 98145-5005
Email (program assistant)