January 27, 2017
Pediatric Nursing Update (PNU): Evidence-Based Practice in School and Ambulatory Care Settings
We invite you to join us for the upcoming PNU, where experts from Seattle Children’s and the community will present evidence-based recommendations on commonly occurring medical and mental health issues in children. You will gain practical tips and tools, resources and information to better serve children with special healthcare needs and their families in your practice setting. Topics will include the effects of social media on pre-adolescent and adolescent health; somatic symptom identification and management; and more.
January 31, March 17, May 22, July 21 or November 20, 2017
Suicide Prevention Course
This course will provide nurses information about:
- The complex nature of suicide
- How to assess and determine risks and the appropriate treatment and management for at-risk patients, both in the healthcare setting and the community
This six-hour class is intended to meet the requirements for the State of Washington mandatory suicide prevention training for nurses and will include the special needs of the pediatric population.
- Time: 8 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
- Location: Wright Auditorium, Seattle Children’s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
- See the flyer (PDF).
- Seattle Children’s employees, please register through Learning Center.
- Non–Seattle Children’s employees, please register below for one of the following dates:
- For questions, please email Nursing Professional Development or Outreach Education, or call 206-987-3200.
February 9 or 23, 2017
Cultural Considerations in Managing Asthma
Join us for this two-hour course intended for healthcare providers who care for children with asthma in the ambulatory care and school setting. Experts will present the latest in asthma diagnosis and management, as well as parent perspectives in managing asthma in the community. Take-home educational material will be available for participants.
- Time: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- February 9 – Everett Public Library, 2702 Hoyt Ave., Everett, WA 98201
- February 23 – Federal Way Library, 34200 1st Way S, Federal Way, WA 98003
- See the flyer.
- For questions and to register, please call or email Outreach Education (206-987-3200).
March 31, 2017
38th Annual Duncan Seminar: The Juggling Act – Developmental Disabilities, Behavioral Challenges and Mental Health
Join us for this one-day interdisciplinary conference focused on the care of children with neurodevelopmental disabilities and their families. Experts from Seattle Children’s, the healthcare community and families will share their experiences and learning on the topic of behavioral mental health in children with neurodevelopmental disorders. This seminar is geared towards a wide audience of healthcare professionals. Family members affected by this condition are also encouraged to attend.
May 5, 2017
2017 Seattle Children’s Nursing Research Symposium
This one-day course is offered to nurses and other clinicians in all disciplines who are interested in learning about research methods, including matching research questions to design; tools to facilitate research; data visualization; and the process of publishing research. The course will describe the importance of nurses leading research (the business case for research) and describe the research currently led by nurses at Seattle Children’s, including projects that have led to practice changes. Registration will be available in January.