May 5, 2017
2017 Seattle Children’s Nursing Research Symposium
This one-day course is offered to nurses and other clinicians in all disciplines who are interested in learning about research methods, including matching research questions to design; tools to facilitate research; data visualization; and the process of publishing research. The course will describe the importance of nurses leading research (the business case for research) and describe the research currently led by nurses at Seattle Children’s, including projects that have led to practice changes.
May 22, July 21 or November 20, 2017; January 22, March 16, May 23 or July 11, 2018
Suicide Prevention Course
This course will provide nurses information about:
- The complex nature of suicide
- How to assess and determine risks and the appropriate treatment and management for at-risk patients, both in the healthcare setting and the community
This six-hour class meets the requirements and is on the 2017 Model List for the State of Washington mandatory suicide prevention training for nurses, and will include the special needs of the pediatric population.
- Time: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Location: Wright Auditorium, Seattle Children’s Hospital, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
- See the flyer (PDF).
- Seattle Children’s employees, please register through Learning Center.
- Non–Seattle Children’s employees, please register below for one of the following dates:
- For questions, please email Nursing Professional Development or Outreach Education, or call 206-987-3200.
June 1, 2017
Trach Safe Emergency Airway Management Course
This five-hour course will educate healthcare professionals to prepare, practice and prevent airway emergencies in a child with a tracheostomy. Participants will be actively engaged in an immersive educational experience in a safe environment for learners to ask questions, refine their skills and practice emergency care through return demonstration and simulation scenario-based learning.
- Time: 3:45 to 8:45 p.m
- Location: Seattle Children’s 70th and Sand Point Administrative Building, 6901 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115
- See the flyer (PDF).
- Register online.
- For questions, please email Outreach Education, or call 206-987-3200.