Medical Observership and Shadowing
Request for Observership: UWP, Step 2
We are currently offering a limited number of 20-hour observation opportunities at Seattle Children’s. The program is highly competitive.
These are for University of Washington pre-med students who meet the following criteria:
- Plan to apply to medical school in 1–2 years
- Have the ability to demonstrate maturity, time management, professionalism and familiarity with ethical and cultural competency issues in medicine
- The observership hours will count toward, and not exceed, the 40 hours that is required for your medical school application.
- Applicants must be available mornings or early afternoons during the week for a minimum of 3 to 4 hour blocks.
- Have not contacted a physician for the observation
If you are not a pre-med student, or do not meet the above criteria, please return to the main observership page. Please note that you cannot simultaneously apply to both programs.
This 20-hour observership is in line with the following mission/vision statement:
Through excellence, innovation and collaboration, we will improve the health of all children and adolescents and reduce inequities by educating the pediatric and physician leaders of the future, advancing research, advocating for children and providing the nation's best primary and specialty pediatric clinical care. In partnership with our healthcare and academic institutions, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive faculty who can reach their personal and professional goals in a collegial environment.
In order for applications to be processed, all questions must be completed in their entirety. Each field has a maximum of 400 characters.
We take requests for the upcoming quarter only, and we will not review the applications until the deadline for receiving applications is closed.