Assessing Your Needs
As a first step in planning or evaluating your hospital's UNHS program, you should ask yourself the following questions. Your answers to these questions will impact many decisions you make about your program, including equipment selection, protocol and staffing.
- What population does your hospital serve?
- How you will inform patients and physicians about the hearing screening?
- What equipment is best for your hospital?
- What will your protocol be?
- How will your program be staffed?
- How will you communicate results of the screening?
- How will you manage your data?
- How will you ensure that appropriate follow-up occurs?
Newborn Hearing Screening Needs Assessment Form (PDF) contains a complete list of questions to consider in planning or evaluating your hospital's newborn hearing screening program.