Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs
Vanishing Twin Syndrome
Purpose and Goal: CNEP # 2091
- Understand vanishing twin syndrome in pregnancy.
- Learn about how reabsorbed twins effect surviving twins.
None of the planners, faculty or content specialists has any conflict of interest or will be presenting any off-label product use. This presentation has no commercial support or sponsorship, nor is it co-sponsored.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- Successfully complete the post-test
- Complete the evaluation form
- November 2018 – November 2020
- Describe the pathophysiology of vanishing twin syndrome.
- Describe the neonatal effects of vanishing twins on surviving twins.
- Identify 2 approaches for the diagnosis and treatment of chimeric karyotypes.
Read the Brief: Vanishing Twin Syndrome
Download brief (PDF)