Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs
Using Placental or Umbilical Cord Blood for NICU Admission Labs
Purpose and Goal: CNEP #2063
- Learn about using placental or umbilical cord blood for labs.
- Learn about the complications of iatrogenic NICU blood loss.
None of the planners, faculty or content specialists has any conflict of interest or will be presenting any off-label product use. This presentation has no commercial support or sponsorship, nor is it co-sponsored.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- Successfully complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation form.
- June 2017 – June 2019
- Describe the benefits of using placental or umbilical cord blood.
- Describe the risk factors for using neonatal blood for NICU labs.
- Describe the method used to collect placental or umbilical cord blood.
Read the Brief: Using Placental or Umbilical Cord Blood for NICU Admission Labs