Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs
Evidence-Based Update: Using Glucose Gel to Treat Neonatal Hypoglycemia
Purpose and Goal: CNEP #2070
- Understand the challenges of managing neonatal hypoglycemia.
- Learn about using glucose gel to treat neonatal hypoglycemia.
None of the planners, faculty or content specialists has any conflict of interest or will be presenting any off-label product use. This presentation has no commercial support or sponsorship, nor is it co-sponsored.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- Successfully complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation form.
- December 2017 – December 2019
- Describe normal glucose homeostasis.
- Describe the characteristics of neonatal hypoglycemia.
- Describe the use of glucose gel for the treatment of hypoglycemia.
Read the Brief: Evidence-Based Update: Using Glucose Gel to Treat Neonatal Hypoglycemia