Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs
Tongue Tie and Frenotomy in the Neonate
Purpose and Goal: CNEP # 2093
- Understand the effects of tongue tie in the neonate.
- Learn about the use of frenotomy for treatment of tongue tie.
None of the planners, faculty or content specialists has any conflict of interest or will be presenting any off-label product use. This presentation has no commercial support or sponsorship, nor is it co-sponsored.
Requirements for successful completion:
- Successfully complete the post-test
- Complete the evaluation form
- December 2018 – December 2020
- Describe the clinical features of tongue tie in the neonate.
- Describe breastfeeding complications associated with tongue tie.
- Identify 2 approaches for the treatment of tongue tie in the neonate.
Read the Brief: Tongue Tie and Frenotomy in the Neonate
Download brief (PDF)