Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs
Managing Oxygen Therapy in the Neonate
Purpose and Goal: CNEP #2087
- Learn about the effects of oxygen on the neonate.
- Learn about the importance of minimizing oxygen exposure.
None of the planners, faculty or content specialists has any conflict of interest or will be presenting any off-label product use. This presentation has no commercial support or sponsorship, nor is it co-sponsored.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- Successfully complete the post-test.
- Complete the evaluation form.
- November 2018 – November 2020
- Describe the harmful effects of oxygen therapy.
- Describe the effects of oxygen free radical formation.
- Identify 2 approaches for the prevention of oxygen toxicity.
Read the Brief: NICU Stressors and Resiliency
Download Brief (PDF)