Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs
Long-Term Outcomes of Infants With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Purpose and Goal: CNEP # 2094
- Understand the effects of maternal opioid use on the neonate.
- Learn about the long-term outcomes for infants exposed to opioids.
None of the planners, faculty or content specialists has any conflict of interest or will be presenting any off-label product use. This presentation has no commercial support or sponsorship, nor is it co-sponsored.
Requirements for Successful Completion
- Successfully complete the post-test
- Complete the evaluation form
- November 2018 – November 2020
- Describe the characteristics of neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS).
- Describe the long-term effects of in utero opioid exposure on the neonate.
Read the Brief: The Long-Term Outcomes of Infants with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
Download brief (PDF)