Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs
How to Recognize a Suspected Cardiac Defect in the Neonate
Purpose and Goal: CNEP # 2092
- Understand the signs of congenital heart defects in the neonate.
- Learn to recognize and detect heart defects in the neonate.
None of the planners, faculty or content specialists has any conflict of interest or will be presenting any off-label product use. This presentation has no commercial support or sponsorship, nor is it co-sponsored.
Requirements for successful completion:
- Successfully complete the post-test
- Complete the evaluation form
- December 2018 – December 2010
- Describe the risk factors for congenital heart defects.
- Describe the clinical features of suspected heart defects.
- Identify 2 approaches for recognizing congenital heart defects.
Read the Brief: How to Recognize a Suspected Cardiac Defect in the Neonate
Download brief (PDF)