Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs
Welcome to Seattle Children's Hospital’s Neonatal Nursing Education Briefs, created by the Neonatal Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant Program to achieve best-practice standards that improve safety and quality of care.
For questions or assistance, please email Julie Campbell.
Continuing Nursing Education for Seattle Children’s Partner Hospitals
Continuing nursing education hours are available for each brief in this series upon completion of the post-test and evaluation.
Each brief is available for two years from when it was posted.
- Acute Kidney Injury in the Neonate
- Diuretic Use in the Neonate
- Effects of Maternal Chorioamnionitis on the Neonate
- Evidence-Based Update: Using Glucose Gel to Treat Neonatal Hypoglycemia
- Gastric Residuals in the Preterm Infant
- How to Recognize a Suspected Cardiac Defect in the Neonate
- Hypotension in the Neonate
- Long-Term Outcomes of Infants With Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
- Neonatal Subgaleal Hemorrhage
- Nonimmune Hydrops Fetalis
- Tongue Tie and Frenotomy in the Neonate
- Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome
- Using Placental or Umbilical Cord Blood for NICU Admission Labs
- Vanishing Twin Syndrome
- Nursing Video Library
Sponsored by Seattle Children’s Outreach Education Department, featuring the Nursing Grand Rounds lecture series videos for CE credit and healthcare education.
- CME and CNE
These include NRP and PALS courses in addition to CME events and outreach conferences.
- Training and Simulation
Find more information on NRP and PALS courses.
- Linkages Newsletter
For professionals who work with infants or children who have ongoing health conditions or disabilities. With a focus on Washington state resources, Linkages offers news and information about topics, events, funding opportunities, resources and research related to children with special healthcare needs. It is published every spring, fall and winter.