Home Care Services
We are accredited by The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, and are also licensed as a Washington Department of Health In-Home Agency and Pharmacy.
We provide pediatric home healthcare with a dedicated multidisciplinary team of experienced pediatric professionals.
We offer the following home care programs:
- Infusion therapies (e.g., antibiotics, TPN, hydration, and chemotherapy)
- Enteral/nutrition therapies (e.g., oral, bolus, gravity, and pump feedings)
- Respiratory home medical equipment (e.g., ventilators, tracheostomy supplies, oxygen, CPAPs, BiLevels, oximeters and apnea monitors)
- Insurance eligibility and benefits screening
- Home visits by nurses and respiratory therapists
- Consultation with our pharmacists, nurses, respiratory therapists and dietitians regarding the effectiveness of therapy and clinical outcomes
- Scheduled delivery and shipping of supplies, equipment, medications and formulas directly to patients' homes
- 24/7 on call clinical consultation and delivery services
Other services at our Bothell location:
- Biomedical equipment repair and maintenance
- Daily production of Seattle Children's patients' TPN bags in our infusion pharmacy
Home Care Services Team
- Clinical pharmacists
- Registered nurses
- Respiratory therapists
- Clinical dietitians
- Pharmacy technicians
- Patient services coordinators
- Patient financial coordinators
- Delivery service representatives
- Biomedical technicians
- Health information specialists (medical records)
How to Refer a Patient
Call our main number at 425-482-4000 (menu-directed) or 800-888-4429 (toll-free).
Or refer directly to:
Durable medical equipment/disposable supplies
Referral Line: 425-482-4151
Referral Line: 425-482-4234
Enteral nutrition therapy
Referral Line: 425-482-4208
Respiratory home medical equipment
Referral Line: 425-482-4151
Information we need
- Please provide the child's name and Seattle Children's medical record number.
- Help us by having the following information ready when placing a referral:
- Referring prescriber
- Primary diagnosis
- Anticipated discharge date
- Likely home care therapy(s)
- Anticipated medication regime
- Anticipated equipment needs
- Anticipated IV access device or tube placement date
- Social issues
- Other details of therapy(s)
What You Can Expect
If the child is being discharged, our referral coordinators will access the child's information in CIS and gather as much information as possible to make the referral more streamlined and easy for the referring provider.
We will work together to achieve our mutual goal of a timely and safe hospital discharge and transition to home.
- Assess the family situation and check insurance eligibility and benefits
- Train and educate the caregivers (patient readiness for hospital discharge is documented in the Seattle Children's medical record)
- Develop and implement the home care plan in collaboration with you and the family
Call us with any home care referral. Each patient's therapy needs are evaluated individually to determine if we can properly service them from our Bothell location. We cover the greater Puget Sound area from Olympia to Bellingham.
If the patient's location is too far from our service area, we will work with you - and the family - to find the best alternate provider.
Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. We are on call on Sunday.
We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for clinical consultation and patient/family support through our on-call staff.
2525 220th St. SE, Suite 200
Bothell, WA 98021
Phone: 425-482-4000 or, toll-free, 800-888-4429
of our location.
If you have any questions or concerns about any referral, patient/family experience, or home care needs, please call us directly at 425-482-4000. We strive to be accessible and easy to use as an integral component of Children's continuity of care.
- Matt Peterson, director
- Leslie Kay, RPh, clinical services manager
- Derek Metzer, PhT, operations manager
- Ken Adams, RPh, MBA, pharmacy manager
- Lynne Sailer, RN, BSN, BS, NE-BC, nurse manager
- Cheri Boekenoogen, MS, RD, CD, nutrition supervisor
- Jane McTevia, CRT, LRCP, respiratory home medical equipment supervisor
- JJ Potter, warehouse and delivery supervisor
- Angelica Buri, administrative supervisor