Swimming and Water Safety
What is Everyone Swims?
Everyone Swims is a policy and systems change initiative to increase access to swimming and water recreation among culturally diverse and low-income children and families in Seattle and King County, Washington. Learn more about this initiative and how you can bring Everyone Swims to your community.
- Everyone Swims Policy and Systems Change Priorities (PDF)
- Everyone Swims Stakeholder and Focus Group Summary (PDF)
- Webinar: Everyone Swims – Promoting Swimming and Water Recreation Among Diverse Communities: Recording | Presentation (PDF)
- Everyone swims: a community partnership and policy approach to address health disparities in drowning and obesity. Stempski S, Liu L, Grow HM, Pomietto M, Chung C, Shumann A, Bennett E. Health Educ Behav 2015; 42(1): 106S-114S
- Practical Playbook: Everyone Swims
- A Guide to Offering Gender-Specific Swim Programming (PDF)
- Gender-Specific Swim Messaging (PDF)
- Women’s Swim Lessons and Programs – Seattle and King County (PDF)
- Responding to a Request: Gender-Exclusive Swims in a Somali Community. E Moore, M Ali, E Graham, L Quan. Public Health Reports 2010; 125(1): 137-140
- Visit our resources page for parents, children and teens to find more materials about swimming and water safety for all ages.