Resources for Parents, Children and Teens
Swimming is a fun activity for all ages and great way to get exercise. Knowing how to swim is a skill that can help keep you safe. Have fun and be safe using these resources about swimming, life jackets and water safety at home.
- Water Safety Tips For Families - Basic guidelines every family can follow to enjoy the water safely.
- Safety Checklist for Home - Checklist includes water and bath safety at home to help make sure your home is a safer place for children.
- Water Safety for Children Birth to 5 Years - Discusses drowning prevention at home, in the yard, and in and near the water.
- Water Safety for Teens 12 to 18 Years Old - Discusses alcohol and drugs, swimming and diving, babysitting, and boating.
- Water Safety for Children With Seizures - Drowning prevention tips for children with seizures and epilepsy at home and around the water.
- Water Safety for Families With Children with Special Needs (video) (Safe Kids) - Discusses adaptive life jackets, staying within an arm’s reach of your child near any water, explaining water safety to your child and other topics.
- Life Jackets for Children and Teens - Learn when you and your child should wear life jackets, why they are important and how to buy life jackets that fit correctly.