Safety and Injury Prevention
Adapted Swim Lessons
Adapted swim lesson are for children 4 to 10 years of age who have developmental and physical differences. These lessons are best suited for children who need individual instruction. The lessons are taught one-on-one with an instructor who makes water-safety skills developmentally appropriate for each child.
Each swim lesson is 25 minutes long and the session goes for 6 weeks.
We encourage families to swim together at a pool in their community to help the swimmer gain confidence in the pool and improve their skills. This is great way to build on the skills that the swimmer is learning in their lessons.
Details and Cost
- Age: 4–10 years
- Cost: $135 per 6-week session.
- Class length: 25 minutes per week for 6 weeks
- Duration: Each child will have the opportunity to be in the swim lesson program for 10 sessions. Each session is 6 weeks long. Session registration does not have to be consecutive. Sessions will expire when the child turns 15.
Registration for each session will start one week before the start of the session. To see available classes, click on the link to go to the registration website. Class offerings vary session to session. Registration is first come, first serve.
- Fall II, 2019 Session
- Winter 2020 Session, January 6 – February 15, 2020
- Spring I 2020 Session, February 24 – April 4, 2020
- Spring II 2020 Session, April 13 – May 23, 2020
- Summer I 2020 Session, June 1 – July 11, 2020
- Summer II 2020 Session, July 20 – August 29, 2020