About the Flu
Flu Vaccination for Current Patients and Families
Flu Season 2019–20
Flu shots and vouchers are available for patients and families September 30, 2019, through March 31, 2020.
Who can get flu shots at Seattle Children’s hospital and clinics?
Patients here for a clinic appointment, Urgent Care or the Emergency Department, or who are staying overnight in the hospital.
Where can family members get shots?
- You must be present to get a voucher, and we can give one voucher per person.
- If you have other family members who live with the patient, they can pick up a voucher in our staff Flu Vaccine Room (OB.6.635) at the hospital campus in Seattle. Vouchers are available at our Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center, North Clinic in Everett, South Clinic in Federal Way and Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic for families visiting these locations.
- Bartell Drugs has 67 locations. Find a location near you.
Family members 6 months to 35 months old will need to get a flu shot at their primary care provider’s office. Call the Family Health Hotline at 800-322-2588 if you need help finding a primary care doctor.
How much does the flu shot cost?
- Patients: the total cost will vary depending on the vaccine. Most insurance plans cover the cost completely, so there is usually no out-of-pocket cost to you. If your insurance does not cover any portion of the flu shot cost, or you do not have insurance, you may apply for financial assistance by calling 206-987-3333.
- Family members who have a voucher: Show your voucher at Bartell Drugs, Samy’s Health Mart in Olympia or Rx Pharmacy in Richland. They will bill your insurance. If your insurance does not cover all of the cost or you do not have insurance, Bartell, Samy’s Health Mart or Rx Pharmacy will bill Seattle Children’s directly and there is no charge to you.
Information updated: September 23, 2019