About the Flu
Flu Vaccination for Current Patients and Families
Information updated September 2, 2020
Flu Season 2020-21
Flu shots and vouchers available for patients and families Oct. 3, 2020 through March 31, 2021
Who can get flu shots at Seattle Children’s hospital and clinics?
Patients here for a clinic appointment, Urgent Care, the Emergency Department, or who are staying overnight in the hospital.
Where can family members get shots?
To help keep patients and families safe, we are continuing to limit visitors to Seattle Children’s.
This means only primary caregivers who are with a patient for an appointment, visit or stay can get a flu shot voucher to use at Bartell Drugs.
- You must be present to get a voucher, and we can give one voucher per person.
- Bartell Drugs has 67 locations. Find a location near you.
- If you do not have an upcoming appointment, visit or stay, you access a flu voucher below.
Family members 6 months to 35 months old will need to get a flu shot at their primary care provider’s office. Call the Family Health Hotline at 1-800-322-2588 if you need help finding a primary care doctor.
How much does the flu shot cost?
- Patients: the total cost will vary depending on the vaccine. Most insurance plans cover the cost completely, so there is usually no out-of-pocket cost to you. If your insurance does not cover any portion of the flu shot cost, or you do not have insurance, you may apply for financial assistance by calling 206-987-3333.
- Family members who have a voucher: Show your voucher at Bartell Drugs. They will bill your insurance. If your insurance does not cover all of the cost or you do not have insurance, Bartell will bill Seattle Children’s directly and there is no charge to you.
How can I access my voucher?
To access the voucher, follow these steps:
- Click here to open the voucher.
- Show the voucher at Bartell Drugs. You can either print the voucher or show Bartell an image of the voucher on your phone.
Bartell will allow up to 5 family members to use one voucher. Each family member will have to present their own insurance information.