Child Development and Parenting
Heart Center Family Education Day 2019
Learning by Heart
Seattle Children's Heart Center will hold a Family Education Day on Saturday, May 18, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please join us for a day of educational and interactive sessions with our physicians, nurses and staff. Our goal is to provide you with an opportunity to learn more about the care of congenital heart disease and ask our staff general questions.
- The Vital Role of Imaging in the Advancement of Congenital Heart Disease Care
- The Future is Collaboration: Research and Quality Improvement Initiatives to improve CHD care
- Advances in Interventional Cardiac Catheterization
- Connect and Encourage: Advocacy Opportunities and Support Groups
- Promoting Resilience in Adolescents and Young Adults with CHD: What Can We Learn from Other Specialties?
- Promoting Healthy Neurodevelopment: Practical Things You Can Do at Home
The program this year will again include an afternoon session devoted to teens transitioning to adult care, featuring our adult congenital heart disease staff, patients and families. We welcome your teen for the entire day or just from 12:30 to 4:00 pm.
- Resilience Tips for Young Adults
- Launching into the World with Congenital Heart Disease
- Looking to the Future: Adult Life with Congenital Heart Disease
- Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019
- Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Seattle Children's, 4800 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115, Wright Auditorium; teleconferencing available at the Pediatric Cardiology of Montana clinic.
- Cost: $20 per family. Breakfast and lunch is provided.
- Register: Space is limited. Please register by May 12, 2019.
Please note that the intended audience for this program is adolescents and adults. We request that all attendees be 13 years of age or older, as we will not have childcare available.