The Therapy Pool at Seattle Children's Hospital provides aquatic therapy, water-play sessions and swim lessons for patients and community members. See pool hours and program updates.
The pool is heated to 93 degrees. It is 15 yards long, 2 to 5 feet deep and equipped with accessible lifts.
Services We Offer
- Aquatic therapy for patients who are staying in the hospital (inpatients) and children seen in our clinics (outpatients)
- Patient and Family Recreation Swim time for inpatients and outpatients as well as their families
- Swimmers 8 years and under must have an adult in the water with them at all times.
- One-on-one instruction for children who have special needs (adapted aquatics)
- These sessions help children learn water safety skills and gain experience with locker rooms, pool decks and pool rules in a calm environment. These lessons are not covered by insurance and will have to be paid for out-of-pocket by the family. For more information about adapted swim lessons and to register, visit our Adapted Swim Lessons page.
- Group swim lesson classes for children ages 6 months to 5 years old
- Information and registration for our swim lesson program is available by visiting our Events and Classes Calendar.
- Community recreation swim times for families in the community
- This is a one-hour recreational swim time. Information and registration for our community recreation swim program is available by visiting Community Recreation Swim.