Prenatal Diagnosis and Treatment
Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient
For urgent concerns, please call our Prenatal Nurse Coordinator Line at 206-987-5629 ext. 3.
What Your Patients Can Expect
- Once we receive your referral, a clinical nurse will review it prior to scheduling your patient. We typically process referrals in 1 to 2 days (often the same day).
- We will call your patient to schedule. We typically call patients within 1 to 2 days. We do not have long wait times, and we ensure our patients are seen in the appropriate timeframe (in some cases, the next day).
- Your patient will be seen as quickly as possible by the providers on the specialty team who are the best match for managing the current problem (based on urgency and availability). Providers include pediatric subspecialists and, when needed, maternal-fetal medicine specialists from the University of Washington.
- Most prenatal clinics are held in Seattle at the Springbrook Professional Center. Certain appointments are scheduled at the hospital and in many of our regional sites.
Updated March 2021.
We are accepting new referrals.
Please submit a referral that is complete. This helps us schedule your patient’s appointment in a timely manner and ensure their first visit is smooth and productive.
- Service/specialty clinic requested
- Reason for referral
- Timeframe in which you would like the patient seen
- Patient’s full name, DOB, telephone number, address and insurance information
- ALL relevant clinical documents
- Ultrasound reports
- Obstetric clinic notes and lab results
- Maternal-fetal medicine notes, if applicable
- Genetic counseling notes, pedigree and test results
- Referring provider’s name, phone and fax so that we may contact you if additional information is needed
- Preferred clinic location
- If an interpreter is needed
Please note: The Prenatal Diagnosis and Treatment Program does not see:
- Patients for routine obstetric care
- Patients with maternal health conditions that are not associated with increased risk for fetal anomalies
We’re Committed to Partnering With You
We are always available to answer questions and support your care of your patients.
- Fetal cardiac concerns: call 206-987-2000 to page the on-call fetal cardiologist through the Seattle Children’s page operator
- Questions about scheduling and referrals, including locating or expediting a referral: call 206-987-5629 ext. 3 (our nursing line)
- Immediate concerns about maternal-fetal health: call 206-598-5300 (Medcon at UW Medicine)
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children’s, including viewing your patient’s records.
See our locations.
Contact the Prenatal Diagnosis and Treatment Program at 206-987-5629 for an appointment, second opinion or more information.