Prenatal Diagnosis and Treatment
Refer a Patient
How to Refer a Patient
- If you are a provider, please fax a Prenatal Appointment Request Form (PDF) (DOC) to 206-987-2962.
- Also fax us all obstetric clinic records. Include any patient records from the primary obstetric provider, perinatologist, genetics counselor, lab results and radiology reports.
- Instead of fax, you can use eReferral, an online way to submit referrals and track referral status. Getting started with eReferral.
- If imaging studies (MRI or ultrasound) have been done, please upload to PowerShare.
- Routine, urgent and emergent appointments are available based on clinical information. Please call the Prenatal Clinic at 206-987-5629 (866-987-2000 toll-free) if you have any questions.
Expert care for your patient
Your patient will be seen as quickly as possible by the provider on the specialty team who is the best match for managing the current problem (based on urgency and availability). Providers include pediatric subspecialists and, when needed, high-risk obstetricians from the University of Washington.
We see women whose pregnancy is complicated by:
- Abnormal prenatal screening or chromosome analysis
- Suspected fetal structural abnormalities
- Risks identified through genetic testing or genetic counseling
- Maternal health conditions that may affect the fetus
- Family history of a child with a congenital abnormality or genetic disorder
We’re committed to partnering with you
If you need to talk with us for any reason, or for a consultation, call the Prenatal Clinic at 206-987-5629 (866-987-2000 toll-free) during business hours.
There is always a fetal cardiologist on-call at Seattle Children’s. If you are a provider with a fetal cardiac concern, please page the on-call fetal cardiologist through the Seattle Children’s page operator: 206-987-2000.
Learn more about managing your patients at Seattle Children’s.
Most prenatal clinics are held in Seattle at the Springbrook Professional Center. Certain appointments are scheduled at the hospital and in many of our regional sites.
See our locations and contact information.