Alyssa Burnett Adult Life Center
Intake Process for Virtual and In-Person Learning
Important Updates: Unfortunately, due to unusually high demands and limitations around COVID 19 we are not accepting intake applications for new participants at this time. We are however building a waitlist and will continue to expand our services as to welcome more families into our programming as we move into 2022. If you are interested in services at the ABC, please complete our intake form here.
If you would like to learn more about our classes and how to get involved, call 425-835-3271 to speak to someone on our team.
If you need interpreter services, we are happy to provide accommodations. Please call 425-835-3271 and we will work with an interpreter to answer your questions.
For families who are ready to start the process to be placed on our waitlist, please begin by completing the intake form. If you require any assistance completing the intake form, please call us at 425-835-3271 for support.
Our intake process helps us decide which programs at Seattle Children’s Alyssa Burnett Adult Life Center are a good fit for you. Follow these steps to take part in our Distance Learning opportunities.
Please note – Completing a virtual intake appointment will make your adult eligible for our online Distance Learning ONLY. After you complete a virtual intake appointment, we will ask you to come in for a second appointment in person to tour the center to be eligible for in-person classes.
How to Join our Waitlist
- Complete our intake application.
- Provide as much detail as possible in response to questions about challenging behaviors. We do not discriminate based on any past or current behavior or aggression, but we do need full details so we can provide the services that best fit you. If a family does not fully inform us of behavior challenges, we reserve the right to suspend or end enrollment in our programs.
Along with your application, send us the following (if it applies to you):
- Person Centered Service Plan (PCSP) Current Annual DDD Assessment Details. Ask your DDA case manager for the most recent report.
- Individualized Educational Program (IEP). If you attended a special education program in a public school, an IEP was created to help you reach your educational goals.
- Any additional behavior or care plans.
Please do not drop off the paperwork in person. Send your completed application and paperwork to any of the following:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: 19213 Bothell Way NE, Bothell, WA 98011
- Fax: 206-985-3341
- Once there is a spot available for your adult, we will reach out to you with next steps.
After we review your paperwork, we will send you an email with links so you can:
- Create an online account.
- Schedule your virtual intake appointment. Appointments will be via Zoom.
- Take our online survey for new families. You must complete the survey before your virtual intake appointment.
- We also will send you a photo release form asking if we can take your photo during activities and classes at the center. Fill out the form and send it back to us before your virtual intake appointment.
- We will send you an email to confirm your virtual intake appointment along with links to access your Zoom meeting.
During your intake appointment, you will meet with our intake coordinator and our behavior analyst. They will:
- Answer any questions you may have.
- Assess which activities are best suited to you.
At the end of your appointment, we will suggest which classes are the best match for you. You can choose from those activities to tailor a schedule, based on your interests and class openings.
If a class is full, we will add you to a waiting list and tell you when we have openings.
We accept payment by:
- Credit card.
- Debit card.
- Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) respite hours. If you do not have enough DDA respite hours to pay for all classes in the quarter, you must pay out of pocket for the rest of the quarter.
- We offer scholarships to help cover costs. Learn about class costs, scholarships and payment.
- Please note your virtual intake appointment needs to be completed before registering for your in-person intake appointment.
- Log into your online account.
- Schedule your in-person intake appointment. Appointments will be in Bothell at the Alyssa Burnett Center.
- We will send you an email to confirm your in-person intake appointment.
- Completing the in-person intake appointment will make your adult eligible for our in-person services.
How to Register After Your First Quarter
About a month before the start of each new quarter, we will email you a link to register.
- Use the link to log in to your account.
- You will need to create an account if you have not taken classes since we changed our online system during summer of 2019.
- If you have not taken classes for a year or more, please call 425-835-3271.
- If you have not received an email and would like to register for classes, please call 425-835-3271.
We welcome instructors, volunteers, interns and donors. See how to get involved.
“It changed our lives. I feel like I have my son back.”
Read how the Burnett Adult Life Center lifted Tucker Jack out of limbo after high school.