Our Therapy Pool provides aquatic therapy, water-play sessions and swim lessons. It was awarded the best adapted-aquatics and hospital-aquatics program in the nation by the United States Water Fitness Association (USWFA).
The pool is heated to 93 degrees. It is 15 yards long, 2 to 5 feet deep and equipped with accessible lifts.
Services We Offer
- Aquatic therapy for patients who are staying in the hospital (inpatients) and children seen in our clinics (outpatients). These services require a doctor's order and are scheduled through Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy. Please contact these programs clinics for information.
- Recreational family swims for inpatients and outpatients and their families on the day of an appointment. Inpatients need their doctors' permission and the written orders on the inpatient swimming pool permission form prior to swimming. Inpatients must bring their signed permission form to the pool. Parents must sign a consent for outpatients and other family members. If you are unable to swim with your child, trained volunteers are often available to accompany your child in the pool.
- One-on-one instruction for children with special needs (adapted aquatics). These sessions help children learn water safety skills and gain experience with locker rooms, pool decks and pool rules in a calm environment. These lessons are not covered by insurance and will have to be paid for out of pocket by the family.
- Evening swim lessons for children in our community ages 6 months to 5 years old. Information on our swim lesson program is available by calling the pool or visiting our Facebook page.
- Family swim for Children's employees and their families and community members during special hours.
- Warm-water adult independent exercise hours for employees, family members of patients and community adults. Adult community members pay a small fee to use the pool.
Watch a Video About the Therapy Pool