To diagnose DSDs, your child’s team at Seattle Children’s checks your child’s condition, starting with a physical exam.
Your child may also need these services:
- Genetic tests (cytogenetic and DNA studies)
- Blood tests to measure hormone levels (hormonal studies)
- X-rays or other imaging tests (radiological evaluation)
- An exam using a small camera that goes inside your child’s body to see their organs (endoscopic and laparoscopic studies)
- An exam to tell how your child’s condition is affecting their life (psychosocial assessment)
Children with urgent conditions may stay in the hospital for diagnosis. Others may come to the DSD outpatient clinic.