Why did I get more than one bill?
In most cases, you will receive one bill, although you might receive more.
- The bill from Seattle Children's includes things like:
- Professional services provided by Seattle Children's physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dentists, psychologists and pathologists
- Facility charges for procedures, clinic appointments and room charges for staying overnight. (Your insurance company may identify your procedure as a "surgery" on the Explanation of Benefits they send you, even if you did not have a surgery.)
- Diagnostic testing, like lab or radiology (X-ray) services
- Therapy services, like audiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech and language services
- Medications and supplies
- Reasons you might receive additional bills include:
- If your child received care from Dental Medicine or Odessa Brown Children's Clinic
- If your child sees a doctor whose primary place to see patients is not Seattle Children’s, you may receive a separate bill from that doctor's office.
Learn more about clinic and urgent care facility charges (PDF).
If my child was transported to Seattle Children's, who might bill me for services, and how do I contact them?
Here are some of the most common groups that may bill you:
- Airlift Northwest bills for transportation by airplane, helicopter or ambulance. Call 206-521-1616 or, toll-free, 866-245-4373.
- American Medical Response bills for ambulance transportation. Call 800-228-7601 toll-free.
Can I pay my bill online?
Yes, you can pay your Seattle Children's bills online.
If you received separate bills from other providers for your child's visit to Seattle Children's, you will need to follow the instructions on those bills to pay them.
To find out which bills you can pay online and for answers to additional online bill paying questions, visit Pay My Bill Online.
Why does my bill list charges for a doctor my child didn't see?
Some doctors who provide services don't meet face-to-face with your child. For example, a radiologist may evaluate your child's X-rays or other test results without seeing your child in person.
What should I do if I think there is a mistake on my bill?
If you think there is a mistake or have other questions about your bill from Seattle Children's, please contact us.