Excellent Care and Outcomes for Children with Heart Disease
About one in every 100 babies born in the United States has a heart defect. Most of them will need treatment or surgery.
Seattle Children's Heart Center is the leading regional referral center offering a team of specialists who deal exclusively with heart disease in children. Working closely with parents and referring physicians, we provide complete care to help each child return to active living as quickly and comfortably as possible.
Our Heart Center team is on the front lines of developing new treatments and technologies. No matter what services a child needs, the staff at Children's Heart Center can provide the most up-to-date treatment.
- Echocardiography provides a look inside the heart.
Children's specialists perform thousands of echocardiograms (ECGs) each year to diagnose disorders, track changes and guide heart surgery.
- Cardiac catheterization may offer an alternative to surgery.
Children's has two state-of-the-art cardiac cath labs for noninvasive diagnoses and advanced nonsurgical treatment.
- ECGs help monitor and treat disrupted heartbeats.
- Heart surgery and transplantation save lives.
Sometimes surgery is the best solution. When possible, our surgeons perform early, one-stage open and closed heart procedures to provide the most rapid recovery.
- Pediatric specialists deliver cardiac anesthesia and 24-hour intensive care tailored to the needs of young heart patients.
- Families can find diagnostic and follow-up care close to home at our regional specialty clinics.
Learn more about Children's Heart Center.