Seattle Children’s Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Council
Seattle Children’s established a Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (HEDI) Council to address systemic inequities experienced by our patients, families and workforce.
The HEDI Council Has Re-Launched
The HEDI Council has re-launched to support and provide additional oversight of the commitments Seattle Children’s made in the Health Equity and Anti-Racism Action Plan.
With 13 workforce members nominated by Executive Leadership Team members within their reporting structure and one family advisor, we are excited to introduce our new Council:
- Joshua Bailey, Manager, Clinical Applications
- Jennifer Bateman, Board Governance Coordinator
- Michelle Cabrera, Physician, Chief – Ophthalmology
- Alphonso Emery, Director, Hospital Billing
- Emily Moore, Manager, Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Education
- Ndidi Musa, Interim Co-Section Chief, Cardiac Critical Care
- Melissa Nibungco, Sr. Director, Development – Major Gifts & Grants
- Juliette Ofamen, Registered Nurse
- Arika Patneaude, Director, Bioethics & Palliative Care
- Johanna Sánchez-Vargas, Sr. Communications Specialist, Internal Communications
- Laura Sotelo Guerra, Program Manager – Partner Access Clinical Research Liaison
- Erin Tansey, Patient & Family Experience Specialist
- Paulene Toussaint, Director, People Operations
- Jennifer Tran, Strategy & Business Development Consultant
Over the next 3 months, the Council will build relationships, identify work priorities for Phase 2 of the HEAR Action Plan, and start meeting with teams leading various HEAR metrics across the organization beginning April 2023. With Council oversight to begin in Phase 2, it is important to deeply engage with the Action Plan and collectively establish expectations leading up to oversight.