Office for Teaching, Education and Research
How to Apply
You can use the form below to apply for research internships and training opportunities throughout the year. Placements are made on a quarterly basis. Many of our positions are tailored to individual applicants, depending on their skills and experience, and on our researchers’ needs.
If you are applying for a specific position within Seattle Children’s Research Institute, including UW graduate program rotations, please indicate the position on your application. Offers may be made throughout the year based on lab availability. Please email us if you have questions or would like more specific details.
Note: This application does not pertain to the Science Education Department’s High School STEM Internship. Please visit the Science Education Department page to apply for the STEM internships.
- Spring 2020: Applications close February 15. Applications are reviewed and placements made in March.
- Summer 2020: Applications opened January 1, and closed March 15. Applications are reviewed and placements made in April.
- Fall 2020: Applications close August 15. Applications are reviewed and placements made in September.
- Winter 2020: Applications close November 15. Applications are reviewed and placements made in December.
- Spring 2021: Applications close February 15. Applications are reviewed and placements made in March.
Student applications are documented in a database for distribution when new opportunities arise, and students may be contacted mid-quarter for additional opportunities that become available on a rolling basis. To see what opportunities are currently posted, please see Research Internships and Training Opportunities.