The Seattle Children’s Hospital Guild Association Board of Trustees presents this award each year at the Guild Association’s annual meeting to honor guilds or auxiliaries that have made exemplary contributions through the following:
- The guild’s fundraising projects are supported by the majority of its members.
- The guild has shown consistent success in their fundraising activities over the years.
- The guild has sustained or grown in its membership by recruiting new members.
- The guild has sponsored the creation of a new guild or Junior Guild.
Commitment to the Mission of Seattle Children’s
- The guild participates in guild-wide projects and supports other guilds’ special events.
- Guild members volunteer at the hospital, clinics, or thrift stores.
- The guild encourages its members to make financial contributions to Seattle Children’s through individual giving, memorial giving, bequests, endowments, donations to hospital fundraising events, etc.
Award Guidelines and Nomination Eligibility
- All guilds and auxiliaries are eligible to receive the Chairman’s Award for Guild Excellence.
- A committee made up of Guild Association Trustees will select award recipients each year. The number of recipients selected may vary each year.
- Award recipients will be notified both by mail and by a personal call from the Chair of the Guild Association Board. Awards will be presented at the Guild Association Annual Meeting.
- Previous award recipients are not eligible unless award was received more than 15 years ago. Call the Guild Office if you are unsure if a guild has received the award in the past.
- Nomination forms are sent annually to each guild president.
If you have trouble submitting the online form below, you can download and mail in a hard-copy nomination form (PDF).