Each spring issue of Guild News we share a financial recap of the previous fiscal year. Thank you for making 2017 another record-breaking fundraising year! Details about each guild’s fundraising impact can be found here.
- You raised $16 million.
- You helped us add 12 new guilds, 586 new guild members and 62 Research Champion guilds.
- You helped hundreds of patient families purchase groceries through Operation Gift Card.
- You volunteered 92,265 hours.
“Guild members demonstrate over and over again how dedicated they are to Seattle Children’s and its mission. The sheer number of events and creative ways they raise money is remarkable.”
Seattle Children’s Guild Association Legacies
Of the Guardians’ Circle members who have included Seattle Children’s in their wills or estate plans, 22% are also current guild members.
Last fiscal year, Seattle Children’s recorded $1.6 million in guild-affiliated planned giving bequests from estate plans. Legacy gifts support care for future generations of children and help our researchers discover tomorrow’s cures – and are a focus of the Yes campaign. Thank you to the many guild members who support Seattle Children’s through legacy giving, and to the new Guardians’ Circle members who are helping us advance towards our Guild Association goal of 325 new guild legacy notifications as part of the Yes campaign.
Guild Fundraising Programs
Amount received by the Guild Association office
- Guild projects and events: $15,955,850
- Membership dues: $141,700
- Total revenue from Guild Association programs: $16,097,550
“I say yes because I’m grateful for Seattle Children’s teams who go above and beyond to provide life-changing treatment, research and cures both locally and in resource-limited settings around the world. I’m happy to donate and raise funds for such a fantastic organization so the physicians and medical teams at Seattle Children’s can focus on what they do best.”
Guild-Affiliated Revenue in Foundation Programs
- Annual Giving: $1,227,188
- Major Gifts: $12,814,678
- Planned Giving: $1,637,452
- Total guild-affiliated revenue received by foundation programs: $15,679,318
- Total Guild Association contribution to fundraising: $31,776,866
Guild Association projects and events supported the following in fiscal year 2017
- Uncompensated care: $11,153,301
- Pediatric research: $2,255,378
- Patient care programs: $2,547,171
- Total: $15,955,850