Can I get the flu vaccine at Seattle Children’s?
Patients staying in the hospital will get the flu vaccine during their stay if they are eligible. Ask your nurse if you have questions.
Patients with a clinic appointment may be able to get their vaccine during their clinic visit. Ask your Seattle Children’s provider. There may be a cost. If you cannot get one in the clinic, you can come to the Flu Vaccine Room at the main campus in Seattle.
Patients unable to get a flu vaccination in the clinic and family members who live with patients can go to the Flu Vaccine Room at the main hospital campus in Seattle. There may be a cost.
You can also talk with your family’s primary care provider about how to get the flu vaccine.
Do you have the nasal mist form of the flu vaccine?
We offer two mercury-free vaccines: One is an injection and the other is a nasal spray, when available, for those who meet the health and age requirements.
What if I am allergic to vaccine ingredients?
We carry options for people over 18 years old who have allergies to common vaccine ingredients like eggs or gelatin. Talk with your provider about which vaccine is best for you and your child.
Flu Vaccine Room
The Flu Vaccine Room is now open for the 2015–2016 flu season. Patients and family members who live with patients may come to the Flu Vaccine Room any time during these hours for a vaccine. You do not need to make an appointment.
November 2 to November 25, 2015
- Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Closed all day: November 26–27
November 30 through December 15, 2015
- Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Closed at 11:15 a.m.: December 4
Hours will change after December 15. Vaccine will be available through April 2016 or until supplies run out.
- Seattle Children’s main hospital campus, Level 6, in the Ocean zone, room OB.6.63
- Park in Ocean Parking and go to an entrance desk. They will direct you to the Flu Vaccine Room. Check in at the Flu Vaccine Room. You may need to wait in line for your vaccine.
How much does it cost to get the flu vaccine at Seattle Children’s?
- Anyone younger than 21 is considered a patient and will be billed for a flu vaccination. The cost is $35 and the amount you owe depends on your insurance coverage. Financial assistance is available. Apply online or print an application form (PDF).
- Flu vaccines are free for adults 21 years and older who live with a patient. We provide this to promote a healthy living environment for our patients.
Information updated October 31, 2015