Condition or Therapy:
What is the goal of this study?
We want to find out about the impact of maternal chronic pain on mothers and their children. Results from this study will help us learn more about the experiences of mothers with chronic pain and their children’s experiences.
Who can join the study?
This study might be a good fit for you if:
- Your child is between 8 and 12 years old
- You (the mother) have had chronic pain for 6 months or longer
- Your pain occurs weekly
- Your pain is not related to chronic disease
- You have received specialty medical evaluation or treatment(s) for the pain condition within the past 6 months
- You and your child are living together
What happens in the study?
You and your child will complete study questionnaires and diaries 3 times (once per year for 3 years) about pain, health, beliefs about pain, responses to pain, and the impact of pain.
Who can I contact for information or to enroll?
Complete this form or contact our study coordinator by email or at 206-884-1308.
All questionnaires are done online. There are no in-person visits.
Dr. Tonya Palermo