Condition or Therapy:
Hearing, cochlear implant
Hearing and Communication
What is the goal of this study?
- To compare hearing responses between children and adults
- To improve how cochlear implants are fit to individuals
Who can join the study?
- Children at least 8 years old
- Children who wear an Advanced Bionics, Cochlear™, or MED-EL cochlear implant
- Native speakers of American English
What happens in the study?
- You and your child would come in for two to three visits at the University of Washington (UW) Speech & Hearing Sciences lab (each lasting up to 2 hours) to test his/her cochlear implant(s).
- Your child would listen to some sounds and tell us how loud and how similar the sounds are.
- You would be asked to answer questions about your child’s hearing history unless your child is 18 or older in which case they would answer questions.
- Your child will be paid $15 an hour for each visit to the UW and you will be reimbursed for parking and travel.
Who can I contact for information or to enroll?
Email the research coordinator.
University of Washington Speech & Hearing Sciences Lab
Dr. Julie Arenberg Bierer