Starting a Clinical Research Study at Seattle Children’s

Seattle Children’s offers support services and resources that help clinical researchers design and conduct ethical and scientifically valid clinical research.

Who do I contact to start a study at Seattle Children’s?

To conduct research at Seattle Children’s, you need to affiliate with one of our nine research centers. After you select a center, contact the business manager of the respective center to coordinate your affiliation.

After you have established your center affiliation, your assigned grant and contract administrator will help you get started.

Industry Contracts

The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is the authorized agent for negotiating industry agreements on behalf of the research institute. Clinical studies conducted under an industry agreement may be either industry-initiated or investigator-initiated and may be negotiated either directly with industry or with a contract research organization (CRO) representing a sponsor.

Any investigator who would like to participate in an industry-sponsored study needs to complete a Contract Initiation Request Form (CIRF).

Related Offices and Resources