The Cutting Edge: Ethical Controversies in Pediatric Surgery
The Treuman Katz Center for Pediatric Bioethics hosted its 13th annual conference July 21–22, 2017. The conference featured local and national experts in the fields of bioethics and surgery. Speakers addressed a wide range of ethical question related to pediatric surgery, with topics including:
- Should parents be allowed to refuse a solid organ transplant?
- Are surgical complications different from medical errors?
- Should surgeons share their success rates prior to surgery?
- Should babies with trisomy 18 be eligible for cardiac surgery?
- Should innovative surgical techniques be subject to regulatory oversight?
Videos of presentations, as well as speaker biographies, will be posted by late August.