Viral Core Services
The Viral Core team assists with the construction and production of lentiviral vectors (LVs), including nonintegrating lentiviral (NIL) vectors. As part of this function, our expert staff provides:
- Small- and large-scale production of LVs
- Consultation regarding the performance of various vector/donor/promoter combinations for individual experiments
- Provision of established gene repair NIL-vector backbone plasmids
- Direct support for design and cloning of more complex NIL vectors
- Quality control analysis of the NIL vectors, including FACS- and qPCR-based titering and other relevant aspects of viral storage and delivery to NGEC laboratories
Core personnel are working to develop improved vector production and purification methods and improved vector systems. As lentiviral production methods advance and improved vector production systems become available, core personnel will incorporate these technologies into production protocols. In addition, core personnel have begun to develop unique knock-in vector systems to treat candidates with hematopoietic diseases.
The Viral Core provides access to the following instruments:
- Dedicated Optima L-90K preparative ultracentrifuge
- Spectrum Labs KrosFlow Research II MiniKros Sampler-plus tangential flow filtration system
- Four tissue culture hoods and incubators dedicated for use in viral vector production
View contact information for the Viral Core.
For More Information
See Viral Core Protocols for transfection and concentration protocols.