The Research Lab Services (RLS) core, operated by the Department of Laboratories, provides an array of laboratory services to support basic, clinical and translational research at Seattle Children’s.
- Research testing (performed on clinical platforms)
- Specimen processing (centrifugation, PBMC Ficoll, etc.)
- Histology services, including special staining
- DNA/RNA extraction
- Tissue microarrays
- Specimen shipping and storage
- Protocol development and collaboration
- Test development
- Molecular studies
RLS Services and Fees
for a detailed list of all our services.
Location and Hours of Operation
RLS is located on the 8th floor of the Ocean zone at Seattle Children's main campus. Staff are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
To request services, please visit
Request RLS Services. For other inquires, core personnel can be reached at 206-987-2792 or