The Pediatric Clinical Research Center (PCRC) provides state-of-the-art research space and expertise to investigators conducting patient-oriented research at Seattle Children’s. Resources include facilities and equipment, as well as experienced staff who are trained in human subjects protection, good clinical practices, protocol implementation and compliance.
PCRC staff work closely with investigators and study teams throughout the research study process. In addition to providing outpatient services, staff can conduct research activities in hospital areas including inpatient units and other specialty clinics.
PCRC research nurses implement protocol-specific procedures and provide direct nursing care for patients enrolled in research studies.
PCRC medical assistants (MAs) assist nurses in protocol-related procedures. This includes blood draws, vital signs, EKGs, measurements and specimen collection.
A consulting psychologist and research psychometrists are available to assist with study visits involving neuropsychological assessments and specialized cognitive testing. Psychometry visits may be able to take place outside of the PCRC and main hospital campus.
- Dedicated outpatient exam rooms
- Sleep study room
- Psychological and neuropsychological testing room
- Weights/measurements room
- Nourishment room
- Secured medication room
- Drop-in workstations for study teams
- Conference room
Equipment and Supplies
- -80°C freezers and -20°C freezer
- BIA Analyzer System Quantum X
- Biodynamics–body composition analyzer
- Blanket warmers
- Centrifuges and microcentrifuges
- Digital scales (infant and adult)
- EndoPAT machine
- Glucose monitoring (Roche AccuChek)
- Grason-Stadler Auto Tymp for tympanomometry
- Hospital beds ordered from central supply for sleep room
- Hydraulic hand dynamometer
- In-floor scale
- Infusion pumps
- Length board
- Oxygen and suction in each room
- Projector and screen
- Psychological and neuropsychological testing kits
- Refrigerators and medication refrigerators
- TV/VCR/DVD players
- Twelve-lead EKG machine with ability to download EKGs
- Video-recording equipment, microphone and mixer splitter
- Welch Allyn vital sign monitors in each exam room
Note: Study teams must provide their own special supplies that are not carried by the PCRC. All studies must supply participants’ meal tickets, with the exception of approved sleep studies.
Location and Hours of Operation
The PCRC is located on level 8 of Seattle Children's main campus with easy access to the ambulatory clinics.
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Extended weekday and Saturday hours may be available upon request and approval.
Contact the PCRC
Call 206-987-3897 or send us an email.