The Pediatric Clinical Research Center (PCRC), under the leadership of Dr. Bonnie Ramsey, director of the CCTR, provides over 4,000 square feet of state-of-the art research space on Seattle Children’s main campus, with centralized access to all of Children’s on-campus specialty units.
The PCRC is affiliated with the Institute of Translational Health Sciences (ITHS) at the University of Washington School of Medicine, and is funded under the NIH's Clinical and Translational Science Award. You can find comprehensive information about the PCRC on the ITHS website.
The PCRC is available to all investigators conducting clinical research studies at Children’s. This multidisciplinary facility provides an environment for the conduct of clinical research encompassing a broad spectrum of human pathophysiology and disease. The medical director of the unit is Dr. Blythe Thomson.
PCRC resources include the following:
- Facilities on level 8, Ocean zone of Seattle Children's Hospital, including a laboratory, eight dedicated outpatient exam rooms, one sleep study room, a secured medication room, drop-in computer workstations, a patient interview room and a conference room.
- Nursing expertise. PCRC nurses provide services that include monitoring patients, performing infusions of investigational agents, processing lab specimens, performing a variety of medical tests and administering questionnaires, interviews and surveys.
- An array of medical equipment and supplies that includes two -80° C freezers and a -20° C freezer and refrigerator, medication refrigerator, centrifuges and microcentrifuges, infusion pumps, EKG machine, and exam rooms equipped with oxygen and suction, vital sign monitors and TV/VCR/DVD.
For more information regarding PCRC resources and how to submit an application, see the Seattle Children’s Pediatric Clinical Research Center page on the ITHS website.
Location and Hours of Operation
The PCRC unit is located on level 8, Ocean zone on Seattle Children’s Hospital's main campus. Hours of operation are:
- Monday through Thursday: 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to noon