At Seattle Children’s Core for Biomedical Statistics (CCBS), our mission is to provide expert statistical contribution and collaboration for the advancement of pediatric research.
Through our partnership with the University of Washington Center for Biomedical Statistics, a core unit of the Institute of Translational Health Sciences, we are able to offer researchers access to a broad network of biostatistical expertise.
- Determining the best study design and appropriate sample size needed to detect a clinically or biologically meaningful effects
- Providing support during grant proposals and, reviewing study protocols to ensure the strongest grant application possible
- Developing Statistical Analysis Plans (SAP) detailing procedures for executing the statistical analysis to address research objectives
- Choosing appropriate statistical methods for proposed research
- Developing databases and robust electronic data capture tools to obtain information needed to address proposed research questions
- Preparing clean and well-documented analytic datasets to support intended analyses
- Data management and coordination of datasets and analyses for multi-site projects
- Statistical data analysis, including secondary data analysis
- Support the preparation of conference abstracts and poster presentations
- Manuscript support, including description of statistical methods, presentation and interpretation of results
- Responding to journal reviewer comments
- Analysis and coordination of analyses for multi-site projects