Dr. Margaret Rosenfeld, 2012 PPF award recipient
The Center for Clinical and Translational Research (CCTR) Pediatric Pilot Funds program is designed to stimulate development of outstanding and innovative new clinical or translational research. This competitive program supports investigators initiating "proof of concept" testing, obtaining preliminary findings or conducting other activities necessary to prepare for competitive, full-scale grant applications. Ultimately, the program aims to cultivate exceptional new research and assist in launching new nationally funded research programs with a focus on child health.
Amount awarded per recipient will be a maximum of $20,000. Projects are expected to be one year in duration and up to five projects will be funded annually.
Payment of indirect costs is not allowed for this award. Allowable costs include:
- Personnel and/or investigator salary
- Supplies and research equipment
- Other expenses, such as fees for core services
- Applicant must be a Children’s investigator and hold a faculty appointment. Fellows or other trainees may be co–principal investigators (co-PIs); however, a faculty mentor must serve as the primary PI.
- Priority will be given to CCTR members or PIs from another Children’s research center who have a co-PI who is a full CCTR member on the project.
- Program announcement: March 3, 2014
- Application deadline: July 15, 2014
- Awards announced: September 2014
- Earliest funding begins: October 1, 2014
For More Information
To learn more about the Pediatric Pilot Funds program, please contact Colleen Lee, program coordinator.