The Nursing Research Program is intended to support and encourage the research career development of nurses as clinical investigators at Seattle Children’s. The program supports nurses of all levels of research experience. Nurses and others experienced in research are available to provide mentorship support for those who would like to apply for funds to support research, but lack experience.
- Amount awarded will be a maximum of $10,000. Payment of indirect costs is not allowed. Projects may be up to two years in length.
- Up to six projects are expected to be funded annually.
- Personnel and/or investigator salary
- Supplies and research equipment
- Expenses such as fees for core facilities and services, including biostatistics, research staff support, laboratory studies, translation, interpretation, etc.
- Applicants must be a Seattle Children’s nurse working in any areas of the hospital including inpatient, ambulatory and/or regional clinics. Direct care staff, leadership and advanced practice nurses are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who are novice researchers must identify a mentor. The nursing research committee chair can assist in identifying a mentor, if needed.
- Applicants who are enrolled in an academic program may not apply for funds to support research that is being conducted within the context of the academic program.
- RFA Released: September 9, 2013
- Applications Due: December 1, 2013
- Award Announcement: December 2013
- Funding Begins: January 2, 2014
For more information, contact the Nursing Research Program Coordinator.