The Faculty Research Support Fund (FRSF) provides in-kind support to CCTR investigators with limited or no funding who wish to initiate a research project or for investigators who may need additional funds to complete a funded research project.
Amount awarded is a maximum of $5,000 and must be spent by September 30, 2018. Specifically these funds are intended to:
- Complete a funded project within the $5,000 limit and time frame.
- Serve as supplemental funding for a project in which the PI has applied for/received other funding (internal or external) but will require additional project funds (the FRSF award will be contingent on receipt of other funding); or
- Serve as funding for small projects that can be accomplished within the $5,000 limit.
Examples of supported services include (but are not limited to):
Note: A divisional/departmental funding match is strongly encouraged.
Seattle Children’s investigators with primary membership in the CCTR and who submit extramural funding through CCTR.
- Download and complete the FRSF application (DOC).
- Contact your CCTR grant and contract administrator (GCA) to help with the development of your budget and application.
- Applications can be submitted at any time, and will be reviewed by the CCTR Steering Committee. The committee generally meets the third Monday of each month. Applications must be submitted at least 10 days prior to the committee meeting for review that month. FRSF applications will be reviewed at the following meeting dates for FY18:
- Dec. 18, 2017 (Deadline: Dec. 8)
- Jan. 22, 2018 (Deadline: Jan. 12)
- Feb. 26, 2018 (Deadline: Feb. 16)
- March 19. 2018 (Final deadline: March 9)
- Your CGA will submit your final application to the FRSF program coordinator.