Applications will be reviewed and ranked by the Academic Enrichment Fund Committee. Prioritization will be based on a project’s:
- Likelihood of enhancing our knowledge of disease, clinical practice or educational mission
- Having a well-defined outcome or product (such as, but not limited to, a publication)
- Feasibility within a justified budget
- Likelihood of promoting the applicant’s and/or Seattle Children’s academic status
Preference will be given to collaborative projects involving multiple departments and/or divisions. All unsuccessful applicants will receive a summary of reviews conducted on their applications. Final funding decisions will be made by the AEF Program Director. Applications will not be reviewed unless they are complete and adhere to the eligibility requirements specified above.
Award Terms and Conditions
- Seattle Children’s Academic Enrichment Program will grant a cost-reimbursable award of up to $25,000 per individual applicant and up to $50,000 for projects that involve multiple eligible investigators from different divisions or departments. Awardees will receive a Lawson activity number for project-related expenses.
- AEF awards are non-transferable. They are intended to cultivate and support the scholarship and research of the recipient.
- A progress report must be submitted to AEF program administrator at least 30 days prior to the year 2 project start date. Year 2 support is contingent upon receipt and acceptance of this project report.
- It is expected that the research will be conducted within the timeline of and as outlined in the submitted proposal. Funds not expended by the end of the project date will be returned to the AEF Program.
- No-cost extensions require the approval of the Academic Enrichment Fund Committee. All requests for a no-cost extension should be submitted to AEF program administrator no less than 30 days prior to the project end date. Only one no-cost extension will be granted and the funds must be expended within one year of the no-cost extension approval.
- Payment of indirect costs or applicant salary is not allowed for this award.
- The Recipient must ensure that, before the research commences and during the full Award Period, all the necessary national and local ethical, legal and regulatory requirements to conduct the research are met, and all the necessary licenses and approvals have been obtained.
- Where the terms and conditions of the Award have not been observed, the AEF Program reserves the right to withdraw the remainder of the award.
- At the conclusion of the project, a final report will be submitted to AEF program administrator within 60 days of project end date.
- The following support acknowledgement should be included on all publications that result from support by Seattle Children’s Academic Enrichment Program funding.